Have expectation meetings with your team to set clearly what expectations you have of them and what they can expect from you.
Positive Expectations Meetings:
When team members are achieving goals it is time to push further and for higher targets.
Challenge Expectations Meetings:
When team members are not hitting targets there is a 3 step expectations meeting to assist in hitting their goals.
- “What can I do to help?” This is to open the communication lines, empathise and plan a solution
- “We need to see improved results” This is a first warning of sorts, also time to emphasise and plan
- “You have one day” – “You have one week” This is the last chance to prove themselves
*Challenging expectations meetings are always run by the owner (good guy, bad guy)
Areas to set expectations
- Sales standards
- Process focus
- Goal hitting
- Student mentality
- Smart conversations
- Who to network with
- Be organised and punctual
- Positive attitude
- Sales stories (promote positives)
- Go the extra mile
- COD training and tests
Run 2 expectation meetings for each team member in a week
Report back to the team the response from the expectation meeting.